Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Saturday, December 5, 2015

[Recipe] Irish Cream Tiramisu

It's the year end again! Time really passes by quickly, especially when you are constantly busy with work - jewelry making, taking care of the family and never ending house chores, in my case. Of course, then there are the frequent cooking and baking experiments that takes place often in my kitchen as well.

I have been thinking of making tiramisu for the longest time. Like, more than a year ago was how old that thought was! So one fine day, after sourcing through the hundreds of internet recipes, I finally settled on trying this one by one of the renowned chefs that inspires me - Nigella. Best of all, I was going to make this tiramisu to surprise my husband for his birthday. Nothing beats having a reason to make dessert!



In this recipe sharing, I have halved Nigella's original Irish Cream Tiramisu recipe and used a 6 x 6" square glass dish. This portion is good for 4-6 persons.

Preparation time : 15-20 mins

INGREDIENTS

 2 sachets of instant coffee powder (without sugar), dissolved in 175ml of hot water. Leave to cool.
(Nigella used instant espresso powder. While I used instant cuppucino powder which I had in my cupboard)

100ml Bailey's

8 pieces savoiardi biscuits (or lady fingers)

1 large egg (60 gm)

30 grams caster sugar (reduced)

250 grams mascarpone cheese

1.5 tsps cocoa powder 


METHOD

- Once the coffee has cooled, mix it with 75ml (3/4 portion) of Bailey's in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the biscuits on each side in the coffee mixture and line a layer of them at the bottom of your glass dish. Do note that the dipped biscuits should not be too soggy otherwise you will a have problem lining them neatly on your dish.
- Separate the egg white and yolk into bowls.
- Whisk the yolk with the caster sugar till it thickens and looks pale yellow.
- Fold in the remaining Bailey's and the mascarpone to yield a mousse like texture.
- Whisk the egg white till thick and frothy. Fold the egg white into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread half of this mixture on top of the layer of biscuits.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits dipped in the coffee mix.
- Spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and leave it in the fridge overnight before serving.
- When ready to serve, dust the cocoa powder on top of the tiramisu with a small strainer.

And there's my feeble attempt at a handmade heart shape design on the tiramisu!

I am extremely relieved when my husband gave me the thumbs up on my first attempt with tiramisu! And I am super super stoked to be making this again for a year end merry making gathering with family and friends. This is definitely one of my to-do fail proof dessert for parties. Try it!

Close up shot of the tiramisu layers. Can you taste it yet?


Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.