Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Thursday, April 21, 2016

[Recipe] Steam Herbal Prawns


Traditionally, many would identify this dish as drunken prawns. But this applies at restaurants where live prawns are being tossed in chinese wine and cooked straight away. This is certainly unthinkable when cooking at home. In my home, at least!

One of the best ways to replicate drunken prawns is by steaming. This is the easiest and fastest dish to prepare, may I add, a healthy and impressive one too! Just make sure that the prawns are really really fresh.

I've tweaked the soup base a little by adding some chicken stock, instead of just 100% chinese wine (Shaoxing wine or hua tiao chiew), so that my daughter can enjoy the soup. She's a soup fanatic!

Preparation time : 5-10 mins  |  Cooking time : 10 mins  |  Serves : 2-3

Ingredients :
- 8 to 10 medium/large fresh prawns
- 1/4 cup hua tiao chiew (or make it 1/2 cup if you are not adding chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (optional)
- 1 medium slice dang gui a.k.a. angelica root*
- 1/2 a tbsp of goji berries or wolfberries

*If you like a stronger herbal flavor, you can add another slice of dang gui. May get a little bitter though!

Method :
- in a small bowl, soak the angelica root and goji berries in chinese wine, so that the herbal flavor will be infused in the wine. 5 - 10 minutes would do.
- wash the prawns and trim the tip of the heads and legs.
- lay the prawns in a shallow plate, without overlapping each other.
- In a wok, bring the water to a boil, then reduce to simmer before placing the plate of prawns in.
- Pour the bowl of wine on top of the prawns, together with the chicken stock, then cover to steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!



Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me,

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy and sounds easy! 😋😋😋

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.