Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Crepe Paper Flower Craft

I have been an avid follower of Julie from Paper Play Design on instagram for quite a while. She is a very friendly, talented paper artist who makes super-duper-awesome-pretty paper flowers. Such are the instagrammers I follow that make my day even more beautiful and inspiring every time they post a photo. Check out her recent feed!


So gorgeous, isn't it?

Needless to say, she inspired me to try my hands on making paper flowers for myself since I am quite impossible with managing real plants at home. I felt it would be most ideal to "grow" paper flowers from scratch and gather myself a nice pot of mixed flowers for home decor. And better still that it's absolutely allergen free!

Here's my very first trial flower. 


Then I got a little bit more confident and painted the petals on my second stalk. The reason why I paint them instead of getting ready made colored crepe papers is because I prefer to make it look more natural. Moreover, I cannot afford to store so many colored crepe papers in my limited crafting space! So I figured the best is to get white and I can paint whatever color I want. A little tedious but it's all worth it in the end.


Subsequently, I made a tiny bunch of flowers to brighten up my father's niche and a bigger bunch of flowers that was meant for a gift. But I was too pai-seh (embarrassed) to gift it in the end because I didn't know how my friend would react to receiving paper flowers. I think it may be a little bit odd in our Asian culture.

What would you think if you received a bouquet like this?


I spent about 6 hours over a span of 3 days to get this bouquet of flowers made.

Just a few days ago, my daughter asked me to make a a flower wreath that she can paste on her room door. (I think its just the sweetest thing she has ever asked me to make for her!) So I obliged!


I am still "growing" my flowers whenever I find the time away from jewelry work to make them. I never would have realized that making flowers would be very therapeutic and inspiring for me. So when the time comes, I hope to show a very beautiful pot of flowers that will enhance my home decor. 

If you too, are keen to try out making paper flowers, you may like to check out several tutorials I have pinned on my pinterest feed. Give it a go... maybe?



Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me, 
Adeline 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Adeline, thank you so much for mentioning me in your post! I'm so glad you are enjoying paper floristry. �� Your flowers look fabulous and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mention it at all, Julie! You were made to shine in this field! :D

      Delete
  2. Looks super good but wayy too tedious for me! I think I prefer buying actual flowers that I can smell hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Made! Of course I would still love to receive fresh flowers too! But this one is art! :p

      Delete
  3. They're so pretty!! It takes skill to add those colours so they look natural - and I think you've nailed it!! If only I was a little more artsy! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! so much love! Thank you for the boost of confidence!

      Delete
  4. They look amazing and very natural - just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really means so much! Thanks for stopping by, Agatha!

      Delete
  5. I cant believe it, they look so real, especially the lighter color ones!
    Very beautiful. Wish I'm half as creative ...lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thanks thanks for leaving me such a positive note about my newfound hobby! Why not take a small step and try out a flower? You'll never know till you try. :)

      Delete
  6. woooowww,they look beautiful and like natural :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! I'm still working on making it "real-ler". :p

      Delete
  7. Amazing ! Where do you get the crepe papers from ? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.