Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, January 11, 2013

[Foodie Fridays] Have Tofu Shall Revel!

Do any of your offsprings detest tofu?

My son is a big fan of tofu of any kind - so am very pleased with his palate that way.

I can't say the same for my daughter, Megan. Her only soya intake is fresh soya bean milk but it comes with a condition - only if tapioca pearls are added.

Though I've known all along that soya bean is a good substitute for milk - which in fact my 2 children used to drink after I stopped breastfeeding them - I've never really enforced Megan to eat her tofu that way. So I decided to improvised my much loved meat pattie by adding tau-kwa (the square and firm kind) in it, hoping that she wouldn't know the difference. 

It worked! She even commented that "this is nice mommy!" Shhhh...

Here's what I did.

I mixed :

- 1 piece mashed tau-kwa and minced pork (about 200gm)
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- marinated with 1 egg, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp black soya sauce
 
Shape them into bite-sized patties and pan fry till brown on both sides. Keep the patties thin so that the insides will cook evenly.

Ready to eat patties! Dip it with ketchup or BBQ sauce would be nice.

However, I decided to make sweet and sour sauce (consists of oyster sauce, ketchup and a little sugar) with red capsicum, spring onions and onions for the extra texture. Definitely looks more appealing!


Till the next post, have a blessed week!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely tofu dishes.. will have to try it one of these days. My 3 kids love tofu and will eat any version of it.. but I haven't tried that type of fried tofu for them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patties! I think can make a bigger one and put it in between the burger buns, add in cheese and viola~ tofu burger or what ever you like to call it =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.