Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

[Recipe] Sticky and Tangy Baked Buffalo Wings


Once in a while, we get cravings for buffalo wings. It brings back memories of my working and dating days with the then-boyfriend-now-hubs, where we would meet for a rendezvous along Boat Quay for dinner. We still remember that at a particular American diner, we asked the server if the portion for the buffalo wing dish was big and she went, "BIG erhhhh!"

These days, we try to satisfy our craving for certain food from home as much as possible. As long as I have the mood to experiment, I will always give it a go. After all, the hubs has been my "ardent supporter" (read : no choice) for whatever I serve at the dinner table! So am glad that I got the finger-licking buffalo wings almost right for him... that is, if it had been completed with a jug of beer! 

This would make a great appetizer if you have to entertain guests at home.


Preparation : 10 mins    Cooking time : 30 minutes    Serves : 4-5 adults


You will need :
- 10 pcs mid wings, 10 pcs drumlets
- 1.5 tbsp Masters Food multi-purpose seasoning (or just use salt and pepper)
- 1 tbsp olive oil


For the sauce :
-5 tbsp ketchup (I used this because my children are not into spicy. Or use hot sauce if you prefer a spicier version - tobasco would be good! Do adjust the portion accordingly to your liking.)
-1 tbsp bbq sauce
-1 tbsp paprika
-1 tbsp worchestire sauce
-1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or substitute with honey)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic

Method : 
- set oven temperature to 180 deg.
- season the wings and drumlets with the multi-purpose seasoning and olive oil. Let it sit for at least half hour before sending it into the oven to bake for about 30 minutes or till golden brown.
- take the wings and drumlets out and set aside to prepare the sauce.

Preparing the sauce :
- heat up your sauce pan, add butter and fry the garlic in it for a bit.
- add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix it well. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or so.

Complete the dish!
- transfer the wings and drumlets into a large bowl and pour the piping hot sauce over them.
- toss to coat the wings and drumlets with the sauce.
- Alternatively, you can place the sauce on the side for dipping.
- serve hot and enjoy!




Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I notice you use sambal for some of your recipes, chef. I'm from South East Asia, Stickybuffallo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.