Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

[RECIPE] Creamy Forest Mushroom Soup

 
We have almost, completely wiped out our intake of canned soup, whenever possible. *clap clap clap* I am happy that I can monitor what goes into our tummies at home especially when there's a fair share of yucky (but some not so yucky) food intake from outside too.

Creamy soups are not impossible to make when you have a blender on hand. If you, like my family who simply adores mushroom soup, then you may be keen to try this out in your kitchen the next time. It's simpler to prepare than you think and this is my 5th time making it. It will definitely go well with your, pizza, pasta, roast chicken or shepherd's pie. Or any western meal for that matter!

Preparation time : 20 minutes  Serves : 4 small soup bowls

Ingredients : 
- 1 box white or brown button fresh mushrooms (about 10 pcs) + 1 box shitake mushrooms (about 12-14 pcs) + 1 box small portobello mushrooms (about 10-12 pcs). Washed and cut to smaller size.
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic 
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp white wine (optional or adjust to your preference)
- 3/4 cup milk (or you can use 1/2 part milk and 1/2 part cooking cream)
- salt and pepper to taste

Method :
- melt butter in pot and add in garlic. Saute till fragrant.
- add mushroom and saute till its limp. (approx.8 minutes)
- add stock and milk. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Once the mushrooms are tender, remove from heat and transfer everything from the pot into a blender.

- Process till smooth consistency, before returning into the pot again. If it's too thick, add a bit more stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while it's hot!

Enjoy!


Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.