Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

[RECIPE] Kimchi and Prawn Pancakes - Pajeon


Back in 2009, when we visited the land of kimchi (Korea), we didn't get a chance to try many types of food they have to offer as we went with a tour group. Almost all our meals were covered - hotpots, barbeque or bibimbap. We didn't get a chance to snack on street food etc. And the one time when a meal was not included, the kids insisted on having fast food. Oh well. We had to give in as Korean food was not their cup of tea. 

So finally earlier this year, I was introduced to pajeon, and I fell madly in love with it. And as with one who likes to experiment with cooking, I had to give this a go in my kitchen. More so, right after I saw a very basic recipe pasted along the window at a Korean mini mart at Square2, which I visited a couple of weeks ago. This is my adaptation.

Preparation time : 10 minutes  Cooking time : 10 minutes  Serves : 4

Ingredients :
- half a rice bowl portion of kimchi, without the liquid (store bought)
- 12 to 15 pieces of prawns, de-shelled (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kennels
- 1 small sized onion, sliced
- a few sprigs of springs onions, sliced to preferred length (I like this, so I added more)
- Oil for pan frying

Batter :
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste

Dipping sauce (mixed well) :
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp sugar

Method :
- Prepare the batter and add in the ingredients altogether. Mix it well. Consistency of the batter should be very slightly runny.
- Use medium heat with 1 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- I've used the batter all at one go into my 9" frying pan.
- Once the edges are cooked and the centre begins to bubble, flip the pancake over. It takes about 5-6 minutes on one side.


I like mine served with kimchi on the side. It's just amazingly appetizing! You can also add squids or clams in your pancake for different textures in your bite! Minced meat is also another option to try.

Enjoy!
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

2 comments:

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.