Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, April 5, 2013

Food Glorious Food! Only in Bangkok

The family went for a short trip to Bangkok over the March school term break. Having not been there for more than 6 years and since the  hubs had mileage points to claim from his frequent travels, we headed out to the land of smiles!

Here are pictures taken from the gastronomic point of view. No less. For your drooling pleasure.

We had 2 of our meals in Chinatown. Great seafood at cheap rates! First time I tried barbequed blood cockles! I don't like those that are boiled but this one is different. Bottom right is birds nest with gingko net for dessert!
The hubs had pad thai at the food court in Mabukong shopping centre.


I had beef noodle soup which was too salty that I couldn't eat it halfway. I could literally feel my blood pressure rising to my head! maybe that's what the sugar bowl is there for... duh.




Oyster omelette! Oh we went to heaven and back while eating this. :p
Last but not least, my favourite mango sticky rice for desserts. They are the best of the best.

Three things I regretted not having time to indulge were their thai steamboat,  fishcakes and fried crickets! I didn't see any fishcake stall holders along the roadside this round and I so wanted to challenge myself to try the fried crickets to take myself up a notch in my gastronomy adventures. But I chickened out.

Oh well. I'd just have to make another trip to Bangkok soon, right?
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!


Linking up with : 

2 comments:

  1. Drool! I miss thailand!!! I got to back back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cockles! My favourite! SHARE! Ya their food are usually too salty for my liking too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.