Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Monday, January 18, 2016

[Recipe] Meal-for-1 : Cold Beef Salad


Do you make resolutions when it's the new year? Do you seriously keep them? I don't, for sure. Because it's tough! I would rather make small changes to improve my life on a daily basis whenever possible. And one of those, right now, is to be more conscientious with what I eat.

During a family vacation in Sydney last year, I have had several beef salad lunches which were tangy and delicious! So I have been preparing my version of cold beef salad for my solo lunches at home of late. This is also a very ideal healthy lunch you can prepare in advance from home to bring to office and good for anemic people (like me) who needs a good dosage of iron in our diet.

Preparation time : 15 minutes  |  Cooking time : 5 minutes  |  Yields : 1 portion

Ingredients for beef marinade :

- About 160gm beef chuck tender, sliced thinly (Or get the pre-packed sliced beef at the supermarket)
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp BBQ sauce (optional - you can replace this with worchestire sauce)
- 1 tsp sugar
- black pepper to taste

Salad :
- 1 portion ready mixed salad with cherry tomatoes and (optional) onion slices

Salad dressing :
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
-  1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste

(I personally like tangy flavored dressing. Please adjust and test-taste the portion of the vinegar to your preference)

Method :
- Marinade the beef with the all the above. Leave it in fridge for about an hour or two.
- Prepare the dressing beforehand by mixing the above dressing ingredients well. 
-  Heat pan and sear the beef on both sides for about 1 minute on each side. No need for additional oil.
-  You can choose to chill the beef to have the salad later or serve it warm on top of salad, together with dressing.
- Enjoy!




Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.