Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Meal For 1 - One Pot Pasta In Coconut Cream Tom Yum Sauce


I've heard of the one pot pasta dish from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe, who has been raving about it for the longest time now. As I didn't know really, what to expect from the outcome of my cooking this, I was hesitant to try it for our family dinner. But since I am experimenting with cooking to feed myself lunch, I decided to try out this method of cooking pasta. Afterall, I'm answerable for my own cooking and if I fail at it, no one needs to know... right?

Though, let me tell you, after trying out this way of cooking pasta, it seems really quite fool proof. All you need to do is keep an eye and stir it every now and then so that it doesn't burn. If the pasta seems uncooked by the time the stock is almost absorbed, just add a little more water or stock. If it tastes diluted, just add a bit more salt... that's about all to it.

So, I had a packet of baby spinach sitting in my fridge and decided to incorporate them into my pasta. I did think it was strange to add spinach in my pasta, but a google search showed many many creamy pasta dishes that looks so good with spinach. So this should work perfectly with my coconut cream based tom yum pasta dish. And I've added a pan fried grouper fillet to top off my pasta, seasoned with salt and black pepper. You can top this with grilled chicken or other seafood too! (I realized that being older, I have this thing for eating fish! hmmm)


Preparation time (for pasta only) : 5 minutes  Cooking time : 10 minutes  Portion : 1

Ingredients :
- one portion of pasta (any kind you like). I used spaghetti.
- A handful of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp tom yum koong premix (add more if you like it spicier with stronger flavor)
- 3 tbsp of coconut cream (or substitute with cooking cream)
- 1 cup water

(Please feel free to personalize this dish with other ingredients like tomatoes, mushrooms, seafood etc)

Method :
- Heat up about a tbsp of oil with medium heat, put in the garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add in the tom yum paste, coconut milk and water. Mix well and let it simmer for a bit.
- Put in the pasta and spinach.


- Reduce the heat a little, cover the pot/pan for about 10 minutes and let it cook till al dente. Stirring at intervals.
- If the sauce looks like it's almost absorbed and the pasta hasn't cooked through, add some water.

How it looked in my pan, just about 3 minutes before it was ready to be served.
- if necessary, add some salt to taste.
- serve hot and enjoy!


Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.