Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's a polymer clay cane?

As many of you may know by now, I work with polymer clay and is an integral part when I create jewelries.  

When I first discovered the use of polymer clay, I got very excited because it would mean I can make unique focal beads which adds a touch of 'quirkiness' in my creations. Here, I am sharing with you the process of how I make a flower polymer clay cane and thereafter, using it to create beads.




After the cane is completed, I will be able to use the flower image by slicing it thinly and blend it into a ball of clay, shape it and send it for baking! 


And the above shows some completed beads and creations I've made. :)


17 comments:

  1. I order from you, sudah.

    So much work... I admire the patience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!! thanks for sharing!

    ~jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I actually have something with you in mind. :p Will get in touch with you when I settle all my work.

      Delete
  3. Wah!!! SO pretty!!! And I can't see any fingerprints too! Nice!!! :) Exquisite work! Btw, I pinned your second picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! when I first started out, fchernger prints were everywhere. Then I used latex gloves. Now no need cos I got used to handling the clay. And strangely, no prints! :p Thanks for pinning my peekchers!

      Delete
  4. That's amazing! I've always wondered how these are made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so amazing! You make it look so simple, though I'm pretty sure it's not...heh. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially it wasn't. But once you get the gist, it is relatively easy to make. Just that it is very time consuming and if you get one detail wrong, you'd have to start all over again. :p

      Delete
  6. WOw! That's really pretty! I thought it was candy at first glance :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This is actually quite the same process as the ones selling rock cane candies.

      Delete
  7. I have to check out this after reading your latest post on assembling a pair of earrings...and wow, it's amazing ! u are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hai Fang!! :D It does bring making jewelries to another level.

      Delete
  8. It's very nice! Amazing to know how it's done! Can I share this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes please feel free to share my blog post. :)

      Delete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.