Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

[RECIPE] Soya Sauce Chicken Wings


There isn't many flavorful soya sauce chicken rice stalls in Singapore. The famous stall that we usually patronize is at Upper Cross Street and boy, do the children love it so much!

So, I wanted to re-create this dish at home because I really do think I would be able to get the flavors right. After my 2nd experiment, it has gotten better in it's flavor. Perhaps there's still an incy wincy secret ingredient in the original chicken dish that I have not been able to "sift" out. But I am still very pleased with the turnout of my soya sauce chicken version nonetheless! 

Here's the recipe to try. I've used mid wings because we prefer this part of the chicken and also because, I think it's trickier to cook the whole chicken this way. :p

Ingredients :
 
- 14 pcs mid wings (or substitute any other parts of the chicken in equivalent)
- a small piece of ginger, pounded
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pounded
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 dashes of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 3 tbsp of black soya sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu (chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tbsp sugar (to taste)
- 1 to 1.5 rice bowl of water 
- 1 tbsp cornflour (for thickening the sauce)

Method :
- Marinade the chicken in a ziplock bag with all the above, except sugar, water and cornflour, for minimum 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat up in wok a tbsp of oil and stir-fry the garlic and ginger from the chicken marinade till fragrant.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for a few minutes before adding in the water.
- Let it simmer till cooked, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add sugar to taste and cornflour to thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot with plain white rice.
- Enjoy!
 
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.