Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Guardian Angel?

I've never given this much thought until recently, when I was reminiscing about my journey in jewelry making and how this one "person" helped me change my perspective on achieving designs that I can truly call unique.

I happened to be at a cross road junction a year into my craft - was getting tired from creating items that were quite clearly available in stores. Who was I kidding. I am not a trained "jewelry designer" nor have I attended any jewelry course. My creations were very "one tracked" and I badly wanted to do something different with my creations but I just didn't know how.

Then there was this one customer, her name was Janice.  At that point of time, she purchased a few items from me at one go with no qualms and it happened to be a super dry period for my sales. She was really friendly and super supportive. We'd even started texting each other on the phone and I was happy to make a new friend. She would even ask me out for drinks which I had to decline because of family commitments.

Janice's orders were very consistent. She would buy a few new pieces every other week for the next few months. Then one day, out of the blue, she asked me to consider not making my creations symmetrical all the time.  I considered and decided that perhaps this is the time to come out of my comfort zone. I had even signed myself up to attend a polymer clay introduction workshop just so that I can be different from the others. And boy, am I glad I took her advise! However, just as I was enjoying my success on this embarkation, she mysteriously disappeared.

Her email account became invalid. I never got replies after texting her on the phone many times. I tried calling but her number was non-existent. I had even snail mailed a card to her home but all effort to get in touch with her were in vain.

Truly, I owe it to this "person" whom I've never met. Without her single cue to me I probably will not be where I am today.

My guardian angel watching over me? Perhaps. And wherever you are, I hope you know that I am thankful to have "met" you.


Do you believe in guardian angels?

 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with :

MummyMOO

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story of your 'guardian' angel...Continue to take Adeline's loft to greater heights Ade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Goosebumps. But glad that it all turn out good for you and your business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe in guardian angels.. Glad to see all your new designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your hope to thank this person for her great advise. She cares for you as a person, where it's so rare to have among customers (if you understand what I mean).

    I hope she's somewhere safe and one day you can link up with her again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in guardian angels, but it's a tad creepy that she disappeared!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.