Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, August 12, 2016

Taking Paper Floristry To New Heights

It has not crossed my mind that paper floristry could be a possible route I could embark on. After all, I picked up this new hobby to satisfy my desire to enhance my own home decor and perhaps arrange some flowers for personal gifting. It is a far cry to compare this genre of delicate paper craft with jewelry making which I am so in tune with. But one thing for sure, I love both kinds of craft because blending pretty colors together makes my day a little better and worth the time spent completing what I set out to do. It also (always!) gets a hundred times better when people out there notice my work and have faith in my skills. I am very thankful for the opportunities.

My first order were for a few stalks of paper flowers meant for photography background props. For props, the colors considered had to be fairly neutral which should compliment and not dominate the picture. For variety, I made a light pink cherry blossom branch, a pair of white magnolias (probably not a variety seen locally) and baby's breath. 



My second order that came through was for a 10" floral wreath for a wall decor. A lush pastel theme concept was decided and this took me approximately a total of 7 hours to put together, spanning across 3-4 days. 4 days, you ask? Well, I also had to attend to jewelry orders and priorities at home. There was also no doubt that I made some paper blunders here and there which required me to re-do some of the process from scratch. Hence I am grateful to be given the space and flexi-time to work on this particular order. For a handmade artist, we thrive when given sufficient time to work with our inspiration so that we can produce our best.
A mock up of a halfway arranged wreath for my client to see if she was happy with what she was seeing so far.
And the final product!
More recently, a request to make potted garden roses came through for a birthday gift. I considered the home decor of the recipient's before embarking on this style. "Minimalist and functional" was what I gathered so a color blend of peach with light pink hue roses would brighten up the home and of course, most importantly, to put a smile on the recipient's face.


Having only dabbled with paper flowers just a few months ago, it has been a great start for me to receive these few orders. And I think I am ready to begin my journey with paper floristry service! 

What are my prices like?
I can't tell you enough that it is something hard to put a finger on, just like my handmade jewelry, because it's so hard to price time which is the crux of it all. Considering the amount of time spent painting the colors -> to cutting petals in shape -> curling the individual petals -> assembling and taping each petal together -> purchase suitable sized vases (if any) -> style an arrangement, I am ascertain many would be able to appreciate and be willing to invest in the entire process that's made with much love and care.

As I am still a budding artist and building up my paper floristry portfolio,  I am currently happy to work on orders by a given budget which I could then advise you what I can offer to make based on that budget. It works very much like how you would walk into a florist and tell them your budget for a customized bouquet of flowers. So think along this line of the prices that a florist would quote you for a floral arrangement.

If you are considering a unique and lasting gift anytime soon for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas or just something to brighten your personal space or someone's day, do connect with me! If your budget permits when a suitable occasion arises, do also consider adding a handmade jewelry gift with a bouquet. Adeline's Loft will now house 2 of my crafts - jewelry and paper floristry. Email me with your requests! oon.adeline@gmail.com.
 


Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.