Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, September 28, 2012

[RECIPE] Cheaters Guide to Claypot Rice

Claypot rice. Who doesn't love this dish? It's extremely appetizing and can satisfy even the pickiest taste buds. Plus, its so easy to cook it because I do it the cheater's way - in rice cooker!


Here's how I cooked it :

Ingredients :
- 2 pcs chicken thigh deboned (sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 4 pcs large sized black mushroom, sliced
- 1 pc waxed chinese sausage (kids love it so I added an extra. Otherwise, 1 should do)
- Chye sim
- A few slices of ginger
- Sesame oil
- Black soya sauce
- Salted fish (optional yet essential!)

Marinade the chicken with these and leave it aside for at least half an hour :
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu (chinese wine)
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 dashes of sesame oil

Method :

- Lightly fry the salted fish till crispy and leave aside.
- I had prepared 3 rice cup scoop for this as there will always be 2nd and 3rd helpings! After slicing the waxed sausages, I placed it in with the rice in order to give it an extra fragrance, together with the ginger slices.*
- Then, using the same leftover oil from the salted fish, stir fry the mushrooms till fragrant and added the chicken in. Add about 1/2 rice bowl of water. Leave it to cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms into the rice cooker before pressing the cook button.
- Just when the cooking is almost done, add in the vegetables on top of the rice. (some would prefer to cook the vegetables first and add in separately after the rice is cooked. But I find the vegetables added in the way I did doesn't over cook the vegetables and leaves a nice crunch.)
  
Before serving, drizzle sesame oil and black soya sauce quite generously and give the rice a good mix. Add the salted fish, some chinese parsley for garnish and you've got yourself a great dish!

*note : do use lesser water than you usually would to cook the rice because after the chicken is cooked, there will be some gravy from it that you would need to pour in which will make up for it.*
 
And yes, my family enjoyed it very much. No. In fact, they love it!

Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with :


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.