Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Thursday, February 11, 2016

[Recipe] Clam Miso Soup


This must be one of my favorite kind of miso soup to order when we dine out at Japanese restaurants. It is guilt free, absolutely heart-warming and definitely slurp worthy to have at the comfort of your home.

I have adapted this recipe from Nami of Just One Cookbook, who shares an extensive recipe for anything Japanese. She's definitely my favorite blogger for easy and trusted Japanese recipes. If you have not already tried preparing baked tonkatsu, you should definitely check out this oil-free recipe!

In this recipe sharing, I have omitted dashi kombu seaweed since I didn't have any on hand. You can always use dashi powder too or in my case, I chose to use chicken stock instead. I have also added ingredients like enoki mushrooms and tofu which makes the soup an awesome standalone meal on it's own. (Psst... I also think adding tang hoon - glass vermicelli - will be equally yummy!)

Preparation time : 30 minutes  |  Cooking time : 5-8 minutes  |  Serves 4 portions

Ingredients :
- 250 grams fresh clams (I've used venus clams)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2.5 tbsp miso paste
- 100gms enoki mushrooms (optional)
- 1 standard packet of soft tofu (optional)
- 1 sprig spring onions (sliced for garnishing)

Method :
- Wash and clean the clams.*

*[Simply place the clams in a clean bowl of water, add about a tablespoon of salt and let it soak for an hour or so. Take clams out from water instead of draining it, since the grits may have accumulated at the bottom of the bowl which you don't want to re-introduced back into the clams. Use a brush to clean the shells and rinse the clams in clean water again before cooking.]

- Bring the 2 cups of water in a pot to a boil before putting in the clams. Then lower temperature.
- When scum appears, use a ladle to skim it off. Add the chicken stock.
- Once the clams are open, take them out and place them in a bowl. Discard those that are unopened.
- Add the enoki mushrooms into the pot and let it cook for a minute or so. Turn off heat.
- Dissolve the miso paste into the pot in portions. This is so that you can adjust the amount of miso to put into the soup, that may differ in level of saltiness. Do add the portion of miso paste according to your taste.
- When you are ready to serve the soup, heat the pot but do not boil miso soup as it will lose it's flavor.
- Place the clams separately in bowls, with portions of tofu and enoki mushrooms. Scoop the soup into bowl and top it off with spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy!




Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.