Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, May 22, 2015

[Recipe] Stir Fry Fish Maw

Initially, I didn't think of sharing this recipe on my blog because I was trying to re-create it after I remembered trying it at a teochew restaurant in Bangkok more than 30 years ago. But at a prompting by a fellow foodie after I uploaded this photo at a food group, I guess I should because I really love this dish to bits! An appetizing dish that you should try if you are a fish maw fan and thought that it would only be best eaten in a soup based dish!


I did a quick search on google for this post and it didn't reveal many stir fry fish maw dishes that originate from Thailand except for this one that spoke to me. (Now I know it's called ka por pla phad hang in Thai!!) I noticed that there are very similar sauces that I used in mine too! And I am so glad that it's quite closed to how it looks as well! *super pleased* 

Here's my version, just slightly different from the one in the link.

Yields : portion for 2   Preparation time : 15-20 minutes

Ingredients :
- 1 rice bowl of soften fish maw. I usually blanch this in hot water for a few minutes.
- 3/4 rice bowl of cleaned bean sprouts
- 4 large pieces of hydrated black chinese mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
-  a few sprigs of spring onions, cut to length (add more if you like this)
- 1 egg, beaten
- coriander for garnishing
- 1 tbsp cooking oil

(Optional : you can also add meat to this dish. I would have used minced pork.)

Sauces :
- 1/2 rice bowl of chicken stock
- 1.5 tsp of light soya sauce
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- a dash of worchestire sauce (optional, though it brought out the flavor. Or you can add vinegar.)
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- pepper

Method :
-  heat the oil and fry the garlic and mushrooms together till fragrant.
- add the fish maw, bean sprouts, spring onion and all the sauces mentioned above. Continue to stir fry.
- finally, add in the beaten egg and let it cook through. This shouldn't take more than half a minute.
- give it a final mix, dish out and top with coriander.
- serve hot and enjoy!



Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.