Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, March 7, 2014

Chicken Stewed With Salted Fish


This appetizing dish is one of my family's favorite! Chicken stewed with salted fish didn't happen by chance in my kitchen. I remember this being served in a claypot at a zhi-char stall (but I can't recall where) and it was very well-liked by all of us. Knowing that I usually have to cater to different taste buds at home, this very simple yet flavorful recipe is a keeper for me! Yes, it is simple. Trust me! :)

Preparation time : 10 minutes  Cooking time : 30 minutes  Serves : 4

Ingredients :
- 2 boneless chicken thighs, cut to bite size.
- 2 or 3 pieces of salted fish.
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced.
- ginger, sliced. (I like to put more in my dish so portioning at your discretion.)
- 2 or 3 stalks of spring onions, cut to preferred length. (I also like to put more of this in my dish!)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp black soya sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu (chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tsp of sugar to taste
- 1 rice bowl of water 
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil 

You can also add a few pieces of dried chilli if you want your dish spicy.

Method :
- Wash and pat dry the salted fish. Pan fry it till crisp. Set aside.
- Using the same wok with oil used to fry the salted fish, fry the onions and ginger till fragrant.
- Add the chicken followed by oyster sauce, black soya sauce and chinese cooking wine. Continue to stir fry for a while. Followed by the salted fish.
- Add water and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. You can also add corn starch to thicken the gravy.
- When it's almost done, add sugar to taste and the spring onions. Give it a good mix.
-  Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!

 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!


Linking up with : 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.